The following is a list of books and videos that I have found to be not only enlightening but very informative. Some of them have very good anecdotes but all of them are well worth a read.
- 'Training the Horse in Hand' - Alfons J. Dietz
- 'Schooling Horse In-Hand' - Richard Hinrichs
- 'The Complete Training of Horse and Rider' - Alois Podhajsky
- 'My horses, my teachers' - Alois Podhajsky
- 'The Riding Teacher' - Alois Podhajsky
- 'The Simplicity of Dressage' - Johann Hinnemann and Coby van Baalen
- 'Dressage for the 21st Century' - Paul Belasik
- 'Exploring dressage Technique' - Paul Belasik
- 'Riding Towards the Light' - Paul Belasik
- 'The Songs of Horses' - Paul Belasik
- 'Work books from the Spanish Riding School' - Charles Harris
- 'Dressage in Lightness' - Sylvia Loch
- 'The Principles of Riding' - The German F.N.
- 'Advanced Techniques of Riding - The German F.N.
- 'Dressage Formula' - Erik F Herbermann
- 'A Horsemans Notebook' - Erik F Herbermann
- 'Dressage in Harmony' - Walter Zettl
- 'Principles of Dressage' - Brigadier General Kurt Albrecht
- 'Piaffe and Passage' - General Decarpentry
- 'Horses are made to be horses' - Franz Mairinger
- 'School of Horsemanship' - Francois Robichon de la Gueriniere
- 'Reflections of an Equestrian Art' - Nuno Oliveira
- 'Misconceptions and Simple Truths in Dressage' - Dr HLM van Schaik
- 'The Gymnasium of the Horse' - G. Steinbrecht
- 'The Maneige Royal' - Pluvinel
- 'School of Horsemanship' - Egon von Neindorff
- 'The Art of Classical Dressage' - Arthur Kottas (comes in 7 parts)
- 'Classical Dressage' - Philippe Karl (comes in 4 parts)
This is by no means a complete list, but if there are any books or videos that you feel should belong to this list then e-mail Simon and let us know.